CRO Magazine Announces 2008 CEO of the Year Award Winners
CRO Magazine introduces its first CEO of the Year Award to recognize the achievements of the all-star CEOs in Corporate Responsibility. All nominations for and selection of CRO CEO of the Year 2008 awardees are made solely based upon publicly available information and are solely those of the editorial team at CRO Magazine, a unit of Crossing Media LLC.
“The winners of CRO magazine’s CEO of the Year Award 2008 reflect the year’s most important and effective leaders in professionalizing corporate responsibility practices—governance, risk, compliance, sustainability, philanthropy and CSR—within their own organizations,” said Jay Whitehead, President and Publisher of CRO Magazine and Chair of the CRO Conference. “In the context of today’s irresponsibility-driven financial market crash, these exemplars in corporate responsibility are leading the way in modern governance, compliance and sustainability practices. These seven winners represent nothing short of hope for the future of our economy and way of life.”
Recipients were honored at CRO Magazine’s Awards Dinner October 29, 2008 at the Stephens Convention Center in Chicago.
The winners of the 2008 Responsible CEO of the Year Awards are:
- Paul Otellini, President & CEO, Intel Corp. (Large Market)
- Marc Benioff, CEO, Salesforce.com (Mid Market)
- Neil Eckhart, CEO, Climate Exchange PLC (Small Market)
- Charles Moore, Executive Director, Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy (Non-Profit/NGO)
- Richard Daley, Mayor of Chicago (Government)
- Stanley Litow, President, IBM International Foundation & Vice President IBM Corporate Citizenship & Corporate Affairs (Corporate Foundation)
- Jeffrey Hollender, President & Chief Inspired Protagonist, Seventh Generation (Social Entrepreneur)