CR Magazine Announces the 2010 Responsible CEO of Year Award Winners
This annual CR Magazine Responsible CEO of the Year Award is unique among business honors, for three reasons. First, it recognizes how individual CEOs have aligned their company’s interests with that of thousands of stakeholders—to do well by doing good. Second, it’s a trophythat acknowledges leadership in progress, because corporate responsibility represents only a transitory competitive advantage, one that is ever to be improved upon. And third, it reflects the professional chauvinism of the corporate responsibility-obsessed editorial team at CR Magazine, the only publication solely focused on the four professional domains in the field of corporate responsibility: Governance/Risk/Compliance (GRC), sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and philanthropy.
This year’s “Responsible CEO of the Year Awards” feature the same eight categories as 2009: Large-, Mid-, and Small-Market public companies, private companies, nonprofit/non-governmental organizations.
The winners of the 2010 Responsible CEO of the Year awards are the following:
- Muhtar Kent, CEO, Coca Cola (Large Market)
- Lawrence Blanford, CEO, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (Mid-Market)
- Elon Musk, Chairman & CEO, Tesla Motors (Small Market)
- Vinod Khosla, Khosla Ventures (Private Company)
- Paul Dickinson, CEO Carbon Disclosure Project (Non Profit/NGO)
- Martha Johnson, GSA Administrator (Government/Regulatory)
- Bobbi Silten, Chief Foundation Officer, Gap Foundation (Corporate Foundation)
- Patrick Gaston, President, Verizon Foundation (Corporate Foundation)
- Scott Griffith, CEO, Zipcar (Social Entrepreneur)