Spotlight on Governance Workshop
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
In this pre-conference session, BrownFlynn offers an inside look at the GRI Framework for sustainability reporting with a spotlight on its governance disclosures. GRI is well-known for the sustainability performance metrics it provides for environmental, social and economic impacts. But many companies think of sustainability in terms of ESG (environmental, social and governance). Although Governance does not get its own category in the GRI Framework, there are numerous governance disclosures required for a GRI report. These disclosures reveal trends about the company’s overall structure and the internal controls the company has in place to manage its sustainability performance. Drawing on years of experience in GRI report management, BrownFlynn goes Line by Line SM through a detailed analysis of GRI’s governance disclosures. For each governance disclosure in the GRI Framework, BrownFlynn:
- presents a summary and examples from current GRI reports
- highlights governance reporting best practices
- identifies overlap with other reporting frameworks and
- clarifies the different governance reporting requirements for each of the GRI Application Levels.
Who should attend?
- Those who oversee ESG, Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility or Corporate Communications
- Corporate Responsibility Officers, Executive Management and Directors
- Those looking to complement BrownFlynn’s 2011 Commit! pre-conference workshop, The GRI Snapshot*
BrownFlynn is the first U.S.-Certified Training Partner for the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and provides both training and consulting on sustainability management, stakeholder engagement, employee engagement, materiality, the GRI indicator protocols, The GRI Process, the business case for transparency and sustainability ratings and rankings. At BrownFlynn, we know that a company’s competitive advantage and bottom line depend increasingly upon positive social and environmental practices. As a consulting firm, we help clients understand how these sustainability practices can transform their organization and how to move forward with implementing and communicating these responsible practices.
*The GRI Snapshot is not a prerequisite for this course, but for those who are interested, it is available for purchase as a webinar on-demand at brownflynn.com.